Help preserve historically significant public radio and television collections.
“In the 21st century, it’s going to be about voices and images as much as it’s going to be about written text.” Clip courtesy of KAKM, 1998. Watch the full program here!
For #GivingTuesday, please consider donating to the American Archive of Public Broadcasting! Help us continue to preserve and make accessible the archives and legacy of public media from across the nation. A donation directly enables us to, among other things:
- Grow the amount of content available to the public in our Online Reading Room
- Improve our website with new features and improve functionality and discoverability of the collection
- Sustain AAPB technical infrastructure so that we can continue to provide online access to the collection
- Support the curation of exhibits and special collections that explore historical topics or themes as covered by public radio and television
- Help provide engagement opportunities for new organizations to contribute their collections to the AAPB
- Improve metadata and searchability of the AAPB so that researchers can better find content relevant to their research topic
THANK YOU for helping us keep over 70 years of public media history at the fingertips of the next generation.